- DBC Services
- DBC Info
- Contact DBC
Introduction to Safe Steering Accreditation
This course will ensure your steersperson has the skills required to confidently steer races.
This full day course features:
- low instructor : participant ratio
- in-class theory and on-water application
- highly skilled, experienced and knowledgeable facilitators
Skills taught, practiced and tested will include:
- crew commands and vocabulary
- forward and reverse steering
- left and right turns
- arriving and departing docks
- race situations
Volunteer paddlers will be utilized whenever possible to ensure maximum experience at the helm.
This course is conducted by organizations and instructors that have been certified by Dragon Boat Canada. Contact DBC for more information.
DATE: Sunday May 5th 9am - 2pm
LOCATION: P3Yoga - 1895 Clements Road, Unit 156, Pickering and the Pickering Dragon Boat Club
FACILITATOR: Scott Murray. Email Scott Murray to register.
NOTE: Participants should be prepared for both in-class and on-water experience.